Being able to write a professional email and understand how your email works are crucial skills in most workplaces nowadays. Make sure you are impressing employers with your skills and knowledge by having a formal certificate.
Do you fall into one of these categories?
- You are starting a new role where you will be expected to use email and want to feel confident
- You want something extra to put on your CV that is relevant to the workplace and will impress employers
- You are in a role where you send emails but feel that you could improve your skills in this area
If so, then this is the right course for you!
The course covers the following aspects of emailing:
- Email features and format - what do all the buttons do?
- Security - sending emails securely and avoiding scams.
- The technical bits such as attachments and html/rtf/plain text.
- How to construct an email correctly.
- The use of tone.
- The importance of proofreading.
- Setting up a professional signature.
The course contains a mixture of videos, quizzes and factsheets so there's something for everyone.
Lyn has worked in education for over fourteen years and holds qualifications in teaching, business management, mental health and equality and diversity.
She has worked with a number of high profile employers including
As a teacher Lyn specialised in teaching English and maths in a college environment and managed the adult provision for a number of years.
Lyn is managing director of LC Education & Training Ltd, which delivers in company training on a number of topics to aid in improving workplace skills. To find out more about in company delivery you can visit the webpage here.
StartGuide to Formats & Functions
StartUsing To, CC and BCC - Video (5:40)
StartDifferent formats of email: html, plain text and rich text - Video (5:30)
StartAdding links - Video (3:07)
StartFurther functions: High importance and read receipts - Video (5:32)
StartCreating Folders - Videos (2:18)